|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Max Noddings||Job Published: 30 days ago|
Chief Engineer needed for a globally recognised defence and aerospace organisation based in Gloucestershire who are looking to employ an experienced Chief Engineer to be the primary point of contact for all products pre and during the design phase.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Chief Engineer will include:
- Support sales and marketing on providing solutions to customer requirements.
- Primary engineering interface point for bid.
- Review technical feasibility of potential projects in bid phase.
- Responsible for the engineering bid estimate Non-Recurring Costs and engineering schedule
- Approve engineering documents.
- Be the chief architect for engineering solutions.
- Work alongside the Programme Manager to deliver projects.
- Report technical progress, risks and mitigations to the Head of Engineering.
What you need to be the successful Chief Engineer:
In order to be the successful Chief Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree educated in an engineering or science discipline.
- CEng or IEng with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the aerospace and defence sector in a specialist engineering field.
- Experience in a leadership role in order to provide technical guidance to other engineers.
- Meets or exceeds the chief engineer requirement in the competency assessment guide.
- Full understanding of product development lifecycle and associated requirements on product/project delivery.
- Experience in project and man management principles and able to apply these to day to day tasks.
- Understands of the importance of the DFMA & Test ethos during product development; 'affordability' and 'lean manufacturing' principles.
- Understands the importance of delivery performance to cost and the resulting impact to overall performance in the business.
- Capable of providing clear and concise presentations to Internal and external Customers.
- Experience and understanding of product development practices in the aerospace and safety critical sectors in accordance with ISO9001 & AS9100 quality standards.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Chief Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!