|Location: Middlesex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Chief Engineer - Information Assurance
Defence / Technology
Chief Engineer within Information Assurance required for one of the UK's largest and most succesful defence and technology companies, based in Middlesex.
The succesful candidate for this Chief Engineer position will provide line management, resource management and technical leadership of a multi-disciplinary engineering team of circa 90 engineers, within the Information Assurance Business Unit, delivering multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes
All applicants for this Chief Engineer role must be eligible for SC clearance
Benefits for Chief Engineer - Information Assurance position:
- Competitive pension
- Flexible working
- Health care
- Dental care
- 25 days' holiday
- + many more
Key Responsibilities for Chief Engineer - Information Assurance
- Provision of line management, resource management, and technical leadership for large group of multi-disciplinary engineers to ensure that all employees are actively developed, and suitably skilled resources are applied to all development programmes
- Work with Programme Management to ensure that engineering deliverables are made on time, to budget and are of suitable functionality and quality.
- Support to continuous improvement in engineering capability in terms of people, practices, tools and technology.
- Support to managing the engineering processes across all businesses and ensures they are fit for purpose, meet the required legislative standards, and pass both internal and external audits.
- Provides strategic direction to the department: defines and delivers progressive technical roadmap that supports business needs; manages PV budget and developments to cost and schedule; works to ensure that all development activities (funded and PV) support the technical roadmap as far as possible.
- Supports bids and proposals with technical resource - provides clear and compelling technical proposals and accurate estimates of cost for all engineering activities.
- Support to ensuring all IA development is compliant with relevant internal and external processes and legislation, supports associated audits in this regard, minimising and closing non-conformances.
- Support to managing the engineering facilities (i.e. secure development and test labs) such that they are safe and adequate to support development needs
- Provides the senior technical relationship with customers, suppliers and other external bodies; uses this to constructively further the company's strategic and programmatic aims.
- Constructively represents the engineering function both within the business unit and in wider CIS activities as necessary (e.g. at Business Reviews, Cost and Pricing meetings, Bid go/no-go decisions, Contract Acceptance meetings etc.) Provides clear, accurate and helpful input to inform decisions taken.
All applicants for this Chief Engineer - Information Assurance must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity, please press 'apply now'.