|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £200000 - £220000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kelly Jempson|
CFO, Real Estate, London.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO is responsible for the complete and accurate accounting and financial activities of the organisation. You will support the COO and other executives and team leaders to achieve organisational and departmental financial goals.
- Scale the finance and administrative functions for a rapidly growing real estate tech company
- Lead effort to prepare and analyse financial performance against company strategy and budgets
- Participate in establishing annual objectives and goals, while establishing appropriate financial management processes to deliver on those goals and objectives
- Be responsible for ownership of external financial constituents - serving as a key point of contact to external auditors, debt providers, banking relationships, Lawyers, etc.
- Manage financial reporting and operational metrics for the company, including budgeting, forecasting, board reporting, cash management, banking, tax, and audit.
- Serve as a member of the Company's leadership team as a member of the Executive Management team
- Participate in key Executive decisions around strategic initiatives and operating execution
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses and reports necessary for various business and corporate development activities
- Engage Executive management and the Board around emerging issues, trends related either to external reporting or changes in the Company's operating model
Financial Planning and Analysis, Budgeting:
- Alongside COO, develop systems and reports to provide critical financial and operational information to Executive team to increase operational performance and mitigate financial risk
- Alongside COO, oversee annual budget planning and operating plan implementation
- Lead financial team to prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports (Cash forecasting, working capital efficiency, etc)
- Lead complete analysis of financial results for Executive management team and BOD, developing recommendations for improvements and highlighting areas of opportunity
- Develop forward-looking models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the Company's execution against goals
Accounting and Administration:
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure a system of appropriate controls, proper financial reporting with GAAP and security of the Company assets, financial and otherwise
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management reporting for internal use (Management) and external (Board, Investors, Partners)
- Own the preparation and dissemination of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Supervise all accounting and finance staff, administrative staff and consultants.
- Own related functions - including the Company's real estate commitments, insurance plans, and key vendor negotiations
- Oversee risk management, internal controls, legal documents like client contracts and partnership agreements, and manage day-to-day work with outside counsel
Treasury, Cash Management and Forecasting:
- Lead the Company's efforts around cash flow planning, investment, and cash management
- Develop and implement a cash management system, along with proper controls, that increases the Company's ability to expand rapidly, service it internal/external constituents while mitigating financial and fraud risk
- Oversee A/R, A/P management and provide leadership and management for staff focused in these areas
- 10 years minimum operational experience as a CFO, preferably in a fas