|Location: Newquay, Cornwall||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: William Church||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Are you looking for new Challenge?
How about working for one of the world's leading rotary aircraft academies?
Look no further!
My client provides its customers with a strategic edge on a range of civil and military aerospace solutions. They provide extensive training that are required specialist skills for search and rescue missions, tactical operations and commercial operations, our client provides helicopter training to Government Agencies, Military, Emergency Services, Coast Guard, and Oil, Gas and Wind Farm Companies.
As a Chief Pilot, you will have a major part to play in overall running of the helicopter academy's program, ensuring the company's quality and safety possesses are being adhered to and act as the Head of Flying for any non-military test activities.
The successful Chief Pilot will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and transparent progression structure
- 12% pension scheme
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
- Flexible working
- Company gym and sports club
- And many more
Some of the main duties of the Chief Pilot will include:
- Maintaining the effective function and operation of the Company's quality and safety processes, by ensuring that all Department staff comply with appropriate Customer and Company safety and Quality Department policies and procedures, by the provision of appropriate direction and resources and by monitoring safety activities and performance.
- Hold Safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a Zero Harm and an incident / injury free environment through active participation in all safety programs relevant to the position.
- Workforce planning, Staff recruitment, selection and induction;
- Health, welfare, discipline, attendance management;
- Compliance with Company HR policies and procedures, including PDR's, objective setting and review.
- Establishing and maintaining systems, in conjunction with the Customer, to monitor the standards and practices of aircrew.
- Issuing, Reviewing, and Maintaining Appropriate Terms of Reference and Instructions, in conjunction with Company, Regulators and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring the aircraft operational utilisation to ensure that all operating parameters, military and civilian, are observed and maintained.
- Acting as Head of Flying for any non-military test flying activities.
- Attending as the Company aviation specialist / SME, when invited by the Customer to do so, all relevant Inquiries and Investigations.
- Ensuring that all ground runs, air tests and ferry / delivery flights are carried out in a safe, timely and economic manner.
- Evaluating new aircraft types, aircraft systems, modifications and flight training devices.
- Conducting standardisation training in accordance with all appropriate orders and regulations.
- Maintaining all aviation related civil qualifications as required by the Head of Operations.
- Maintaining a suitable level of knowledge of flying related subjects and a suitable level of flying / instructional skills to be able to pass an annual assessment to a minimum of B1 standard.
- Maintaining all appropriate currencies and compliance as required by the Customer.
In order to be the successful Chief Pilot and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the proven ability, qualifications and track-record to lead a widely diverse Pilot and Aircrew Training organisation effectively, whilst engaging and liaising with a wide variety of regulators, customers, agencies and stakeholder organisations, both military and civilian. To be contactable out of hours and the preparedness to travel both across the UK and worldwide if necessary. As well as:
- Proven managerial experience within an aviation operations environment, both military and civilian.
- Minimum of A2 QHI or Civilian Equivalent
- ME pass for military flying duties and CAA medical currency to fly rotary wing aircraft.
- Extensive experience of military flying instruction.
- Previous member of staff of Central Flying School (Helicopters).
- Currency on relevant aircraft types
You need to be eligible for Security Clearance!!!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Chief Pilot to join a forward-thinking organisation and work on some very exciting projects. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!