|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Chief Safety Engineer
£65,000 - £75,000 + Benefits
Clearance Required for Role SC
We have a very rare opportunity to join an established and globally recognised Defence Industry organisation at the highest position in the Technical Safety dept. These positions do not get offered to external applicants very often so please read through the details below and let me know if you are interested.....
- Defining and maintaining a safety culture across all of the business areas, appreciating that safety decisions have to underwrite the companies obligations under DAOS/AAOS certification.
- Providing technical leadership and direction with respect to safety programmes on multiple defence programmes
- Implementation, co-ordination and conduct of programme safety and environmental related activities in accordance with company procedures in a rigorous and effective manner
- Owning and fully maintaining all safety management processes
- Reviewing and approving flight approval documentation
- Review and accept safety documentation
- Providing safety support and expertise to new business proposals as required
- Representing the company at both Senior level Customer and Major Sub-contractor technical review boards and meetings.
- Reviewing and accepting vendor Engineering Change Proposals.
- Preparing engineering resource budget estimates for safety activities
- Comply with legislative requirements and Company and department procedures
UK and EU safety related legislation (e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act)
Environmental legislation and management systems (e.g. ISO14001 etc.)
Defence and commercial safety standards such as Def Stan 00-056, Def-Stan 00-055, Mil Std 882, IEC61508, JSP 430
Project Oriented Safety Management System (POSMS)
Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS)
Safety Case development using the Adelard Safety Case Editor (ASCE)
Hazard Management using eCassandra
Event Tree and Fault Tree development using Reliability Work Bench
Recent, relevant experience of implementation of safety programmes in a prime contractor/systems integration environment.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Application of the required skills in a military aircraft or maritime environment
- An understanding of the implication of derived safety requirements, including integrity requirements assigned to programmable elements
- Understanding of the Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Articles as they apply to Rotary Aircraft, in particular the RA 1200 series
- Understanding Def-Stan 00-970, and its application to Rotary platforms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills