|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Based in Bristol.
£40,000 - £60,000 dep on experience + Benefits Package.
We have a great new opportunity for an experienced Airworthiness Engineer to be based in Bristol working for a fantastic company that are globally recognised. This position will be working within the Civil Aviation market.
- Knowledge and experience of Systems Engineering with the ability to understand client requirements, unpack complex certification challenges and develop solution strategies which deliver multi-disciplined technical support at platform and system level;
- Knowledge and experience of demonstrating product and operational safety, developing and maintaining Safety Management Systems and Safety Cultures;
- Knowledge and experience of safety assessment and analysis techniques and application across a variety of aerospace systems and platforms;
- Detailed understanding of the Civil Airworthiness Regulation EASA Part 21, Part 145, Part M and Part 66 and relevant certification processes;
- In-depth understanding of the structure and content of existing UK, European, US and International design certification standards, including ICAO, CS23-29, CS-E, FAR 23-29.
It is to your advantage if you meet some or all the following additional requirements:
- A degree in an Engineering, Safety or related subject; or similar experience gained through previous employment in the air sector;
- Be CEng/IEng accredited or a desire to work towards it with mentored professional development;
- Project and Technical Management experience. We are looking for talented individuals, with a Systems Engineering mind-set and the ability to lead consultancy assignments: helping shape client needs, providing technical leadership and integration, and assuring the quality of our outputs;
- Recent experience within Design Organisations, OMEs and/or their supply chains;
- Recent experience within Airlines or State/Parapublic operators;
- Continuing Airworthiness, Aircraft and system certification and/or engineering support to maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO);
- Compliance verification engineering (CVE) or delegated airworthiness responsibility through either Manual of Airworthiness Processes (MAP-01) delegations or EASA Design Organisation Approval (DOA) delegations;
- Aircraft safety assessment development and maintenance;
- Software and Complex Electronic Hardware Safety Assurance (DO-254, DO-178C);
- A broad understanding of aircraft design with ideally expertise in one or more systems (Structures, Propulsion, Electrical Power, Avionics, etc).
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.