|Location: Romney Marsh, Kent||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Civil Engineer needed for a multinational financial organisation based in Romney Marsh who are looking to employ an experienced Civil Engineer with previous experience in a Civil environment and has the relevant HNC (or equivalent).
The successful Civil Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- You will receive 28 days annual holiday plus bank holidays incremental and
- Competency based progression
- Career average company pension scheme,
- Access to benefits including gym membership,
- Cinema tickets,
- Technology offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- The company also offers all employees at least two days each year to take part in Force for Good Community Volunteering
Some of the main duties of the Civil Engineer will include:
- Managing the reliability and maintenance policy for the Pre-stressed Concrete Pressure Vessel (PCPV), Civil Structures (including, roofs, cladding and glazing), Drains (oily, foul & surface), Flood & Sea Defences, Roads & Fences and Cranes.
- Identifying risks and defining the need for investment in the above plant systems.
- Provision of civil engineering advice and oversight of defects, repairs and modifications.
- Acting as a point of contact on civil matters to Civil Design Group, Design Authority and our Chief Technical Organisation.
- Provision of grey beam and ground loading assessments.
- Coordination of Site Licence Condition civil inspections.
- Periodic Safety Review close-out of civil findings.
- Acting as Responsible Engineer, author and verifier for Engineering Changes to justify modifications to plant or variations to the safety case.
- Statutory Outage duties including PCPV tendon stressing.
- Liaising with peers within the fleet, sharing best practice and continually improving local and fleet performance.
What you need to be the successful Civil Engineer:
You will have good communication and presentation skills, be able to convey complex information in a simple and concise way (both written and verbal) to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, adapting your style and content for the audience.
You will need to:
- Be resilient, adaptable and have a willingness to learn and develop.
- Have experience of working in a technical or regulated environment.
- Build effective networks and relationships.
- Be able to work on several fronts concurrently.
- Demonstrate an analytical approach with problem solving capability.
- Be able to work and act autonomously.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Civil Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!