|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £34.00 - £39.94 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Clinical Research Monitor
Initially 12 months
Clinical Research Monitor needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Medical Devices company who specialise within Orthopaedic Limbs, Joint Reconstruction and Spinal Care.
Purpose of the Clinical Research Monitor:
Provide support to the implementation of the clinical research operations programme for all appropriate therapeutic areas for the companies Medical Devices in accordance with all applicable regulations for Medical Devices.
Some of the main responsibilities of the Clinical Research Monitor will include:
* Provide support to Clinical Trial Leader for agreed projects in the EMEA Clinical Research programme for the defined therapeutic area by monitoring and reporting on studies progress in accordance with all Corporate and Statutory requirements to agreed timescales.
* Maintain the highest ethical, clinical and scientific standards ensuring both the safety and wellbeing of all trial participants and good/rigorous scientific practice.
* Keep abreast of international legislation and other requirements concerning clinical research. Prepare and submit submissions for the approval of clinical investigations to regulatory authorities and ethics committees.
* Keep abreast of developments in clinical research and the clinical literature in therapeutic areas of responsibility.
* Assist in the preparation of consent documentation where required for the proper scientific evaluation of new or existing products in accordance with all ethical and regulatory requirements for Medical Devices in respect of applicable European and International Medical Devices Regulations.
* Monitor defined clinical studies in accordance with Good Clinical Practice requirements and provide regular feedback to company personnel on the progress of trials.
* Administer the inventory of Investigational Products and control the issue of investigational products to approved sites where necessary.
* Participate in project teams and build relationships with investigators, regulatory bodies and appropriate company personnel as required regarding clinical research issues, working as directed by Clinical Trial Leader & monitoring team.
* Maintain compliance with Company SOPs.
What you need to be the successful Clinical Research Monitor:
* 1st Degree in Life Sciences, Health Sciences or related field to Biomedical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 4+ years experience of clinical trials monitoring in a medical company preferably with medical devices.
* Knowledge of clinical study design and management.
* Relevant experience in implementation of clinical research studies.
* Working knowledge of international regulatory requirements applicable to clinical research.
* Awareness of research ethics. Above average oral, written and communication skills.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Clinical Research Monitor to progress their career within the medical devices industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.