|Location: Redhill, Surrey||Salary: £40000 - £68000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
Cloud Operations Engineer
Salary £40,000-£68,000 + Benefits
Summary of Role
Working closely with Corporate IT, developers, business analysts, testers, project managers and product owners, this role facilitates the Software Development Life cycle of our product development teams, leveraging leading edge technology to help create and maintain an efficient development operations environment. With the support of a global team this role helps the organisation reduce risk in the development environment and take advantage of new technology and processes to meet strategic goals. You will be a key player in our cloud adoption initiative, helping our business take advantage of scale, security and flexibility of the Azure cloud.
- Liaison with architecture, engineering, operations and release teams across multiple offices, sharing best practices
- Participating in design and development meetings in order to ensure infrastructure required for new projects is identified and put in place
- Specification/management of new servers used to extend the development infrastructure and the test lab
- Provisioning, maintenance, and monitoring of infrastructure assets on premise, in global data centres and in the Azure public cloud.
- Working with global IT teams and partners to understand corporate polices, processes and initiatives and work with the local teams to implement and monitor
Provide the infrastructure and support so that the development teams can:
- Implement Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) processes
- Assist with the automation the creation of installers, web deployment packages, and chocolatey packages
- Build Azure ARM templates and PowerShell modules to improve repeatability, reduce human intervention and reduce build time for new environments, following an infrastructure-as-code ethos, keeping such assets under source control in git
- Implement security controls to help the organisation protect our Intellectual Property and our customers data.
- Use Configuration Management tools to control our compute resources, ensure compliance and reduce risk.
Strong knowledge of infrastructure, networking, security best practices, automation, and virtualisation technologies is key. Experience of cloud technologies, primarily Azure and AWS would be beneficial, but not mandatory. Self-reliance, a drive to learn and explore, and the ability to innovate are essential.
Given the drive for automation and requirement for high quality and reliability, a strong background in development with experience of working with Git and Azure DevOps pipelines in an agile environment would be a distinct advantage.
Many technologies are used, with the most important ones being:
- Azure Cloud
- Active Directory/Azure AD, Group Policy, Group Managed Service Accounts
- TFS 2013/2015/2017, VSTS
- Visual Studio 2013/2015/2017
- Languages: C#.NET, PowerShell, CLI, JSON
- SQL: 2008/2012/2014/2016/2017; SSRS, SSIS, SSAS; SQL Azure
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Virtualisation using Hyper-V/VMWare
- IIS (Internet Information Services)
- HPC Grid (2008/2012/2016)
- Windows Operating System (Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016)
- Windows & Linux containers and orchestration platforms
Please apply now for more information