|Location: Sevenoaks, Kent||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
CNC Machinist - Milling and Programming
CNC Machinist required for one of the UK's largest and most succesful defence companies, based in Sevenoaks, Kent.
Ideally candidates will have experience of CNC Milling and Programming, including using G-Code.
My client are happy to train up CNC Operators on the machines that they use, and will also provide training within the defence industry to the succesful candidate.
All applicants for this role must be eligible for SC clearance
Benefits for CNC Machinist position:
- Potential overtime
- Competitive pension
- Health care
- Dental care
- 25 days' holiday
- + many more
Essential Skills and Qualifications for CNC Machinist:
- Experience of CNC Milling
- Experience of CNC Programming
- A strong understanding of G-Code
- Successful completion of higher education with a minimum of 3 A levels, one of which must be a relevant Engineering discipline, a BTEC or NVQ at Level 3.
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience or the completion of an Apprenticeship with a further three years relevant work experience.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and assist in the development of cutting plans.
- Undertake the initial design of jigs and fixtures to allow the machining of novel and complex shapes.
- Exhibit a high level of competence in the use of different software for the programming of remote CNC mills and lathes to include the writing of new and complex programs.
- Apply other corporate software for example Word and Excel in project delivery.
All applicants for this CNC Machinist position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity, please press 'apply now'.