|Location: Isle of Man||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Allard||Job Published: 25 days ago|
The Mill Turn machine setter-operator will work in the precision machining area of our clients' business manufacturing high specification, tight tolerance, safety-critical aerospace parts in line with customer specification. The setter-operator will work on various mill turn machines, producing precision products in line with quality standards.
There is a high set to run ratio due to the nature of the business, involving multiple set ups per shift to make small batches of product.
- Set up and run multiple 3-5 axis CNC mill/turn machines through multiple operations
- Carry out machining of complex components to Customer drawing standards
- Prove out processes, producing first-offs
- Investigate root cause and corrective action of any non-conforming components produced
- Adherence to all Company policies
- Responsible for housekeeping of working area
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a high precision manufacturing environment. Aerospace experience is preferred.
- Experience of setting and operating CNC Machines, including but not limited to;
- Mazak (Integrex), Traubs, Citizens (preferably M32/E32) or Gildermeister CNC machines.
- Demonstrable ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Experience of manufacturing parts to tight tolerances (as small as 0.0010'')
- Ability to read, follow and develop operating instructions and procedures
- Ability to use inspection and measuring equipment such as verniers, micrometres, CMM machines etc.
- Experience of adhering to quality standards.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.