|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £1 per annum + Salary to be discussed upon application|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
CNC Operator required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, based in Portsmouth.
My client are looking for a CNC Operator who has demonstatable experience programming CNC machines, using manual machines and hand fitting. Ideal candidates will also have strong experience of both 3 and 5 axis, and able to work to extremely tight tolerance. All candidates must have experience in working with metal.
On offer is a highly competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package, all to be discussed at application stage!
Candidates for this opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
CNC Operator role summary:
- Building models of ships and submarines and any propulsors
- Most models are made out of glass reinforced plastic (GRP) but this role is working with metals
- Milling, Lathing and machining propulsor elements and any instrumentation needed
- Day to day is a mix of programming, lathing and milling - usually hand finished
- Precision environment working with bespoke pieces, all finished to tight tolerances within millimetres
- Hurco machine on site. This is a programmable machine which manufactures metal into specified pieces
- Demonstrable experience in this type of role before (Programming CNC machines, using manual machines and hand fitting)
- Competent in use of Heidenhain/ Winmax (CNC control software) and other CNC control systems/software
- CNC experience of both 3 & 5 axis
- Ability to read detailed drawings
- Able to work to tight tolerances
- Broad knowledge of engineering principles
- Technical knowledge of precision engineering
- Competent in use of all QA measuring equipment and use of a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
All applicants must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.