|Location: Gosport, Hampshire, S. E. England, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 12 days ago|
CNC Programme Operator
CNC Programme Operator needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Gosport who are looking to employ an experienced CNC Programme Operator with an in-depth manual and CNC 3 Axis Milling & Turning experience
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the CNC Programme Operator will include:
- Involved in creating complex CNC programmes and setup notes
- Review design data and technical information, identify any restraints (i.e. conflicting data/information) to the team leader, recommend solutions and ensure actions are carried out to meet deadlines
- Responsible for maintenance and storage off all CNC programmes
- Work to departmental key performance indicators
- Effective management of own time in accordance with work demand.
What you need to be the successful CNC Programme Operator:
In order to be the successful CNC Programme Operator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Knowledge & Skills required:
* Ability to work with all types of materials including Aerospace & Marine grade materials
* Ability to use a range of machining equipment both manual and CNC 3 Axis Milling & Turning
* Candidates must have a good level of experience in 3 Axis CNC Milling
* Turning programming experience an advantage
* Ability to programme CNC machines within machine shop (On and offline programming)
* Ability to read engineering drawings and customer sketches
* Ideally have experience programming/operating CMM (Revo2 - Renishaw)
* Ability to find Mechanical Engineering solutions to non-standard problems and problems outside area of own expertise
* Working in a safe manner and ensuring the safety of others
* Openly share experiences and information within the team in relation to tooling and how to complete various tasks
* Adhering to good housekeeping within the work area
* Using substances under COSHH regulations
* Reporting serviceability of workshop or service equipment to the team leader if defects identified
* Openly & honestly communicating with other areas, including, but not limited to: Other Manufacturing Teams, Design, Instrumentation, Facilities, Naval Architects and Analysists.
* Complete manufacturing activities to relevant procedures, standards, methods and process sheets
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a CNC Programme Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.