|Location: Bedford||Salary: Salary On Application|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 30 days ago|
CNC Programmer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Bedford who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded CNC Programmer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in engineering, and have a keen interest in engaging in various programming tasks ranging from conventional 3-axis machining to complex 3D surfaces using 5-axis machining techniques.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the CNC Programmer will include:
- Online ECS programming using Delcam Powermill and Powershape (importing geometry, modelling supports/fixtures, establishing tooling and clamping sequences, creating optimum cutter paths, determining speeds and feeds, posting programs).
- Raise "program master record" (PMR) sheets as instructions on how to manufacture the part.
- Understand the task at hand by reading engineering drawings, and achieve the desired result by following machining instructions (PMR sheets).
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare to drawing dimensions/tolerances.
- Record data of machining operations on Route Cards.
What experience you need to be the successful CNC Programmer:
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings and CAD models.
- Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
- The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a CNC Programmer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.