|Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 28 days ago|
12 Month Contract
CNC Programmer needed for a multinational Aerospace & Defence organisation based in Salisbury who are looking to employ an experienced CNC Programmer with the ability to programme CNC machines within machine shop, a good level of experience in 3 Axis CNC Milling, and the ability to work with all types of materials including Aerospace & Marine grade materials.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the CNC Programmer will include:
- Working in a safe manner and ensuring the safety of others
- Openly share experiences and information within the team in relation to tooling and how to complete various tasks
- Adhering to good housekeeping within the work area
- Using substances under COSHH regulations
- Reporting serviceability of workshop or service equipment to the team leader if defects identified
- Openly & honestly communicating with other areas, including, but not limited to: Other Manufacturing Teams, Design, Instrumentation, Facilities,
- Complete manufacturing activities to relevant procedures, standards, methods and process sheets
What you need to be the successful CNC Programmer:
In order to be the successful CNC Programmer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Ability to work with all types of materials including Aerospace & Marine grade materials
- Ability to use a range of machining equipment both manual and CNC 3 Axis Milling
- Candidates must have a good level of experience in 3 Axis CNC Milling
- Turning programming experience an advantage
- Ability to programme CNC machines within machine shop (On and offline programming)
- Ability to read engineering drawings and customer sketches
- CMM experience / inspection an advantage
- Ideally worked in a regulated industry (Aerospace, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Medical)
- Ability to find Mechanical Engineering solutions to non-standard problems and problems outside area of own expertise
- Recognized engineering apprenticeship or Relevant City and Guilds or NVQ qualification, HNC/HND or recognized service qualification & proven track record
- Must have active SC security clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a CNC Programmer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward must have obtained security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.