|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: William Church||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Systems Engineer needed for one of the world's leading Defence organisations based in Hampshire. Our client is looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer that specialises in Combat Systems. The perfect candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of the full Systems Engineering lifecycle, experience with Systems Integration, radar experience and ideally a background in the defence, maritime or aerospace arenas.
The successful Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Enhanced annual leave
- Competitive Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Company contributed Share Incentive
- Flexible working programme
- childcare vouchers
- local and national employee discounts
- Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Using Data recording and analysis equipment and other bespoke integration toolsets to interpret system operational capability
- Participating in Trials and Integration activity as tasked as part of the larger team providing specialist Radar advice
- Conducting shore and sea based trials
- Taking ownership of tasking when allocated as Task/Team lead and drive through to conclusion utilising allocated resource appropriately
- Conducting analysis in support of trials recordings and providing suitable reports with narrative to substantiate findings
- Keeping up to date with Combat System advances and major system changes in order to remain current and competent
- Identifying training needs as new systems are developed.
- Providing sufficient, accurate and timely reports to support integration and trials activity as requested by the customer
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Hands-on technical experience of Radar
- Knowledge of current and future Combat System Architectures
- Awareness of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies, processes and tools
- Appreciation of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycles.
- Awareness of legislative arena from an engineering perspective
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!