|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £52000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Combat Systems Engineer
Joining one the largest defence companies in the world, the Combat Systems Engineer will be responsible for the operational, system analysis and design of system integration solutions for maritime opportunities and programmes.
On offer for the Combat Systems Engineer is a competitive salary up to £52,000 along with:
- Discretionary performance based bonus
- 9 day fortnight (Every other Friday off)
- Career progression
- Contributed pension
The Combat Systems Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Requirements assessment and management.
- Support to System Architects in development of system solutions.
- Design of allocated segments of system, technical impact assessment and control.
- Presentation at internal and independent design/study reviews.
- Technical risk assessment and reduction, including assessment of TPMs and TRLs.
- Technical input to programme management and cost estimation teams.
- Generation and maintenance of specifications and interface control data for internal, procured and customer-furnished subsystems.
- Subsystem-related interaction with potential and actual customers.
- Support to selection, subcontract technical oversight and liaison with suppliers and other technical agencies.
- Conduct of acceptance off-contract from suppliers.
- Support to system integration and platform installation .
- Technical input to training, ILS and sustainment activities.
- Planning and control of own work and of any assigned engineering team.
- Conduct of operational analysis and performance of Concept and Assessment Phase design studies on behalf of internal/external customers.
- Support to the conduct of internal and customer-funded research and development studies.
- Support to development of Systems Architecture and Technology Roadmaps.
- Preparation and delivery of proposal material.
The required skillset for the Combat Systems Engineer includes:
- Experience in complex systems integration projects within the military maritime business area
- Maritime Combat System integration architecture development capability
- The candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
- The candidate will be capable of developing and communicating a vision for maritime programmes
Desired skills include:
- Proven experience with the successful design, implementation and integration of Maritime Combat Systems
- Extensive knowledge of other Maritime systems that integrate with Combat Systems to include Navigation and Electronic Warfare Systems
- Previous Maritime Systems Engineering experience
- Current knowledge of Defence and IMO Standards
The Combat Systems Engineer MUST have previous experience within the maritime industry.
This candidate MUST be eligible for Security Clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.