|Location: St. Austell, Cornwall, S. W. England, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
£36000 - £50,000
Salary and benefits: Competitive Salary, Pension Matched to 7.5%, two Share Scheme options, 26 days Annual Leave, company car, Discounts at over 800 retailers, buy and sell up to 5 days holiday.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Accountant to join a team in St Austell, supporting a team of Quantity Surveyors.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate to be hands on with a client who will be at times on site and in the office. The successful commercial accountant will need to be able to understand contracts as well as negotiate.
Key Responsibilities for the Commercial Accountant:
- Ensure all reporting requirements required for the integrity the business are completed
- Ensure that CVR reporting is accurate and providing sufficient challenge and support to the business
- Provision of front-line support to business segment management including attending local contract management and customer meetings where required, ensuring early warnings of deviation to Forecast are provided to local management
- Supporting new contract tenders and mobilisations, establishing all financial reporting requirements
- Preparation of business segment/overhead monthly reporting packs including full commentary and analysis
- Completion of weekly cash forecasts and management of local working Capital i.e. WIP/Debt
- Completion of Quarterly rolling forecasts and Annual Plans and Forecasts for business segment
- Balance sheet analysis and reconciliation for key accounts
- Business partnering with Operations and Commercial team, forming part of the local management team
- Manage the interface between the business segment and relevant Shared Service or local support functions to ensure compliance with all Group, Services and Statutory obligations
- Additional ad hoc projects and tasks as required by line manager
Key Skills and Qualifications for the Commercial Accountant:
- 1 -2 years post qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Previous experience in a commercial accounting role post qualification
- Experience within a position of similar responsibility
- Strong Excel skills
- Financial modelling skills and a detailed understanding of financial forecasting is essential
- Ability to manage pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of challenging operational management at all levels
This role is moving fast, if you're interested, please get in touch ASAP.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.