|Location: Cambridgeshire, England||Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Oil & Gas||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Stefan Beck|
We are currently seeking an experienced commercial gas engineer for our prestigeous client Located in Peterborough.
Working for our client you will have the opportunity to create a creer for Life as a Commercial Gas/Breadown Engineer within their building services department.
Our client is a privately owned family business that has been operating as such for more than 40 years, Specialising in a a diverse range of services across the construction industry with key divisions in: Construction, refurbishment, insurance, small works, maintenance, bulding services and renewables.
The role is based in the Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire area and candidates will need to be based within an hour commute of Peterborough. You will often work remotely as our cleints Building Services department is based in Peterborough where Their friendly team will support you.
Inclusion in our cleints emergency call out rota is an essential requirement as you will be primarily working on PPM/Response contracts.
Due to the nature of our clients varied projects, works can be Nationwide and require flexible working hours. These projects can include supermarket/retail, social housing, schools, prisons, police stations, colleges, care homes, insurance works, undertaking breakdowns and installation works. Candidates will need demonstratable experience in these sectors. (apptitude testing will be required)
This is a full time position and hours of work will be Monday - Thursday 07:45hrs to 16:30hrs and Friday 07:45hrs to 15:30hrs (39 hours per week). This will also involve daily travel and possible working away from time to time as deemed necessary for the needs of the business.
- Company vehicle plus fuel card
- Mobile phone and iPad
- Corporate clothing
- 21 days holiday plus all bank holidays
- Continuous training and development
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Health & wellbeing support from a qualified MHFA Adult First Aider
- Generous long service awards scheme
- Great variety are of social events and charity work organised by the Company throughout the year
Requirements of successful candidate.
- NVQ Level 3 in Plumbing and heating
- Current Commercial Gas Qualifications and gas safe registration.
- Unvented Hot Water Qualification
- Experience of working within similar environments to the above described
- Competent in IT skills
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and compliance
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and the ability to integrate and be an active part in the team
- You must hold a full current UK driving licence and have had 6 months driving experience since passing your test and live within an hour of the advised areas.
- Willing to travel on a daily basis as required for the needs of the business
- Participation in an Emergency Call Out service is essential
Candidates may also apply but calling stefan on 01342330508