|Location: Lincolnshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 6 days ago|
Commercial Manager required for a globally recognised aerospace company based in Lincoln. Ideal candidates will have proven relevant experience gained in a commercial discipline in a high tech industry, ideally within the aerospace/defence/manufacturing sector.
All applicants for this Commercial Manager position must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC).
Benefits for Commercial Manager include:
- On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, child care vouchers, private medical and dental insurance, holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
- Share incentive schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted Cobham Sports and Social Club membership
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities.
Commercial Manager Qualifications:
- Degree calibre or equivalent relevant experience
- Proven relevant experience gained in a commercial discipline in a high tech industry, ideally within the aerospace/defence/manufacturing sector
- Knowledge and experience of identifying, vetting and managing Intermediaries and Advisors.
- Knowledge of the contract development process, contract terms and conditions is a prerequisite for this role
- Experience of UK MoD and US DoD and export contracting is ideal
- Experience of managing the commercial elements of complex and challenging projects of similar size/scope, complexity and significant budget/spend responsibility through the full development lifecycle.
- Managing commercial risk
- Creating an environment in which issues are recognised, accepted and resolved
- Having broad business awareness enabling an appropriate contribution at a senior level
- Leading and directing negotiations on contractual Terms and Conditions with new and existing customers, minimising liability for the Company, and maximising profit
- Specific responsibility for Contracts based at the site for the provision of depth aircraft maintenance in support of RAF aircraft.
- Liaising with the Value Stream colleagues and customers during the preparation of bids and quotations to ensure a speedy response to enquiries likely to lead to contract award
- Managing the Company Tender Vetting and Contract Acceptance approvals
- Identifying and addressing contract changes, and settling all liability issues affecting operations, as they arise
- Providing advice to the value stream on the best commercial practices to be adopted to achieve their business objectives
- Summarising key Terms and Conditions, risk and reward for presentation to broader audiences
- Ensuring compliance with Divisional and company Corporate Frame Work and Contract Policy
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent.
ALL APPLICANTS FOR COMMERCIAL MANAGER MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE.