|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Commercial||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Charlie Ringer||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Commercial Manager needed - Defence - Permanent Position - Based in Middlesex
Are you a Commercial Manager experienced across a commercial and contractual management function? Do you have experience working with Contracts and Bids? If so I have a fantastic opportunity for a Market leading defence company based in Middlesex.
Responsible for providing commercial management of contracts across all the Business Units, from receipt of enquiry until receipt of payment from the customer: this will include commercial input for major tenders, preparing quotations, preparation and negotiation of contracts and contractual agreements, identification and management of commercial risks.
The successful Commercial Manager will gain the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Health Care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sickness and accident plan
Main duties for the successful Commercial Manager:
- Evaluating customer enquiries and Invitations to tender, identifying commercial requirements, preparing and publishing responses in order to gain approval for submission of responses in line with the published Commercial Authority Matrix.
- Drafting accurate contract documentation and agreements (joint venture, partnership, confidentiality, consultancy, etc.) in a timely manner to meet business needs
- Negotiating and finalizing contracts with UK/overseas commercial customers and with UK Ministry of Defence (MOD).
- Provide clear guidance on the flow-down of contract conditions to sub-contractors in order to support the Procurement function to mitigate commercial business risk
- Advising Programme Managers on all contractual aspects to deliver programmes in a cost effective manner.
- Identifying and managing/mitigating commercial risks through appropriate mechanisms and proactive contract administration.
- Protecting the interests of the business by ensuring appropriate records of all commercial matters are kept, including: formal documentation; informal supporting evidence; records of customer liaison; and ensuring adequate records of meetings of note are retained and circulated to interested parties.
- Ensuring compliance with the Group Operating Manual and Commercial guidelines
Required Skills for the successful Commercial Manager
- Significant experience in contract negotiation and the commercial management of supply contracts, post design services, integrated logistics support and installation for both UK and overseas customers.
- Significant experience of drafting, analysing and modifying Terms & Conditions for Sale or Purchase, including identification of commercial risk within terms and identifying, implementing mitigation strategies.
- Significant experience of building relationships with customers, partners and other stakeholders, and all levels of the business.
- Working knowledge of the financial implications of Proposals & Contracts; Payments Terms, Payments Plans and cash flow.
Please note that the successful candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance
If you are interested in this position please apply today!