|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Commercial Manager needed for a respected and highly reputable Defence organisation based in the Dorset area. You will be responsible for leading and directing negotiations on contractual Terms and Conditions with new and existing customers, minimising liability for the company and maximising profits.
The ideal Commercial Manager will have experience in a similar level Commercial role, in an organisation supplying services to UK MOD is essential (Aviation/Aerospace is preferred but not essential) and have experience of managing commercial risk and knowledge and experience of identifying, vetting and managing Intermediaries and Advisors.
As part of the role as Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for a portfolio of contracts and liaising with the value stream colleagues and customers during the preparation of bids and quotations to ensure a speedy response to enquiries likely to lead to contact award.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Commercial Manager will include:
* Managing the Company Tender Vetting and Contract Acceptance approvals
* Identifying and addressing contract changes, and settling all liability issues affecting operations, as they arise
* Providing advice to the value stream on the best commercial practices to be adopted to achieve their business objectives
* Summarising key Terms and Conditions, risk and reward for presentation to broader audiences
* Ensuring compliance with Divisional and the company's Corporate Frame Work and Contract Policy
* Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent.
* Operate in accordance with the SHE Technical standards. Identify where the SHE Technical Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified
What experience you need to be the successful Commercial Manager:
* Combines experience, intuition and strategic thinking to make considered judgements about the overall impact on the business and people, including of potential threats
* Creates an environment in which issues are recognised, accepted and resolved
* Has broad business awareness enabling an appropriate contribution at a senior level
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Commercial Manager position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.