|Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
- Provide commercial guidance and advice to management, finance and engineering teams; acting as prime point of contact for commercial matters for MOD and other customers' contracts.
- Support and lead as required, programme meetings, contract change control process, general contractual communications and provide support and guidance to the programme team(s).
- Lead the process to drive commercial/contract proposals in response to all Customer(s) requests for quotations.
- Minimise commercial risk exposure to the company through negotiating contract terms and conditions; creating commercial strategies for applying to bids and contracts as appropriate.
- Commercial and sub-contract management lead for the business, liaising with respective responsible company managers for the contracts as required.
- Experience of briefing commercial risks and mitigation strategies to senior management.
- Liaise with wider Corporation, both UK and US, for commercial reporting, approvals and contributing to the development of an integrated commercial function across.
Required skills, qualifications and experience of Commerial Manager
- Proven Commercial skills employed in a customer-facing capacity, preferably with MoD.
- Comprehensive insight into MOD with experience of handling DEFCONS and other contract terms
- Knowledge of current MOD-DE&S contract policy.
- Ability to brief complex commercial issues to senior management together with mitigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to apply them within the team, customer, partners and managers.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience of Commerial Manager
- Practical experience of UK MOD defence contracting.
- Knowledge of UK Government policies and practices.
- Experience with service delivery based contracts.
- Experience of dealing with the Cost Analysis Assurance Services (CAAS) of the UK MOD on non-competitive contracts.
- Knowledge of Single Source Regulations
- Knowledge of MOD-employed pricing mechanisms and methodology - TCIF, Fixed Price etc.
- Strong negotiation and contract administrative skills.
- Experience in bid/capture teams.
- Numerically competent.
- The ability to interact and integrate with other functions undertaking programme management and financial tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to develop customer intimacy and leverage external and internal relationships.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to determine and develop a course of action necessary to achieve desired results.
This is a fantastic opoprtunity for Commerial Manager to get there foot in the door of a globally recgonised organision, make sure you apply so you don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the position of Commerial Manager must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.