|Location: Cambridgeshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Commercial Manager needed for a leading Defence and Aerospace organisation based in Cambridgeshire who are looking to employ a Commercial Manager with experience in negotiating & drafting within the Defence/Aerospace industries.
Depending on the level of experience the company would consider someone at a Contract Manager level if the candidate comes across as a good company fit.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Commercial Manager will include:
- Support the timely submission of bids and proposals ensuring commercial integrity and compliance with all applicable policies, processes and legislation with specific responsibility for responding to the commercial aspects, including customer terms and conditions and pricing
- Ensure the identification of commercial risk, develop and implement effective mitigation strategies and actions and report the risk and progress with mitigation strategies internally
- Lead negotiations with customers with respect to commercially advantageous terms and conditions, prices and payment plans
- The drafting and review of agreements including, but not limited to NDAs/PIAs, LTAs, Agency Agreements, PDS, Teaming Agreements and Distribution and Collaboration Agreements
- Effective day-to-day management of contracts, including customer liaison and customer relationship management on contractual matter
- Development and negotiation of flow down terms and conditions to Suppliers
- Resolution of disputes and claims ensuring best outcome for the company
- Advise Project, Operations and Procurement teams on all commercial aspects
- Provide advice with respect to contractual obligations, liabilities and rights
- Conduct contract reviews in conjunction with other departments
- Effective Contract Management during programme execution
- Maintain applicable commercial inputs into the document management systems including registration
- Liaison with the Export Control teams to ensure compliance with regulations
- Please note this role includes to our Middlesex site at least once a week
What you need to be the successful Commercial Manager:
In order to be the successful Commercial Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree educated in a Business or related subject is essential. Post-graduation Commercial certifications (such as IACCM) would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years prior Commercial experience in an aerospace, defence or a related technology industry, demonstrating all, or substantially all, of the above responsibilities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!