|Location: Westbury, Wiltshire||Salary: £45000 - £59000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Commercial Manager required to join a globally recognised defence company in the Westbury area. Their site in Westbury provides a diverse range of products, services and capabilities for military and civilian domains.
One offer for the Commercial Manager:
- A basic salary up to £59,000 depending on experience
- A competitive benefits package
- Career progression
The Commercial Manager is authorised to negotiate and make binding decisions on behalf of the company, subject to appropriate approvals, and serves as a primary commercial interface with customers, suppliers and internal organisations on assigned programmes. They will be required to have the ability to draft and negotiate agreements and to recommend or make commercial decisions involving legal, financial and programmatic issues. The Commercial Manager is also required to be a key contributor to the formulation and execution of business strategy for the programmes they support, working closely with one or more project managers and their teams.
They will have full commercial responsibility for existing programmes of significant value and complexity and be involved in the commercial support of new business. The Commercial Manager is expected to be able to negotiate, administer, extend, terminate and renegotiate standard and nonstandard contracts.
Required skills of the Commercial Manager include:
- Commercial management of multiple, complex customer and related subcontract agreements with minimum management assistance
- To fully understand the customer contracts (and any related subcontracts) for their assigned programmes and will be expected to be the "go to person" for contractual/commercial advice and support
- Utilising knowledge of the contract to understand business risk and ensuring that such risks are identified and communicated appropriately to Programme Managers and management
- Lead on the negotiation of contractual agreements (new business and change control) and the resolution of customer contractual disputes, including the identification of both avoidance strategies in advance and resolution (at least cost/risk) strategies after the fact
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Work with and advise the project team in order to ensure contractual compliance on assigned programmes, including relevant flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers
- Liaise with internal organisation, customers and suppliers as necessary in support of programmes or new business opportunities and provide commercial guidance and advice as necessary
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organisation objectives
The Commercial Manager must be able to gain Security Clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.