|Location: Norwich, Norfolk||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matthew Clegg|
Commercial Manager (£55k to £65k + Package)
Commercial Manager needed for a top tier main contractor at their offices in Norwich to oversee the commercial function of a long term utilities framework covering Suffolk & parts of the East Midlands. This would be a great step for a Senior QS looking for an opportunity to fast track their career with a leading name in the UK's construction & civil engineering sector.
The successful Commercial Manager will be joining a business that enjoys promoting forward thinkers, hard workers and those motivated in pushing their careers forward. As well as the long term career prospects there's also the opportunity to put your own mark on the contract alongside a competitive supporting package including:
- Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
- 26 day's holiday
- Performance related bonus
- Employer Pension contributions of 7%
- Private Healthcare
- Child care vouchers
- Share Save Scheme
- Life assurance
Some of the main duties of the Commercial Manager will include:
- Providing commercial support and guidance to commercial & operational colleagues
- Building a long lasting relationship with all of the alliance partners
- Review bids and work on payment mechanisms
- Provide accurate cost forecasts
- Preparation of variations
- Provide training & support to junior colleagues
- Liaise between alliance partners and the client to reach the most commercially viable outcome for all.
In order to be the successful Commercial Manager that they are looking for and to have a chance of adding such an exciting opportunity to your CV, you'll be required to have:
- Recent UK experience within the construction, civil engineering or utilities sectors
- A degree in either Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or Construction Management
- Have a 'team player' approach
- Be a strong communicator
- An ability to provide commercial solutions to challenging situations
- Strong negotiation skills
- A full driving licence
- Live within a reasonable commute of Norwich
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to progress their career and it'd be ideal for a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for the next step up the career ladder. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.