|Location: South East London, London||Salary: £75000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Commercial Manager/ Managing Surveyor
Salary: Circa £100k plus benefits
Location: South East London
Our client is a long established Scaffolding Contractor, covering a wide variety of works from residential, commercial and rail. The work across London and the Home Counties. They have a key vacancy has come available they are looking for someone to join them as the Commercial Manager/Managing Quantity Surveyor. The ideal candidate will need to be proven in commercial and risk management for similar sized contractors within the region.
We have a busy workload, often with multiple and diverse projects running simultaneously. Therefore, we require a strong team player who has the ability to operate and excel within a small team, across numerous projects. You will be involved in/responsible for tendering for projects, cost planning management and forecasting, CVR reporting and risk management. Liaison and management of surveyors, commercial support teams and subcontractors will be part of your day-to-day work.
Furthermore, you will be required to visit sites and liaise with operational teams as part of the commercial management process. As such, it is imperative that you can work effectively with others.
Required Experience and Skills
- Sound understanding of industry and sector
- Background in constriction ( scaffolding preferable)
- Degree qualified (preferable)
- Proven track record in commercial management within construction
- Demonstrable strong account management and commercial experience
- Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation / communication skills
- Competency with standard I.T. software packages
- Proven team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Tenacious and solution focused, especially in reference to contract negotiation
- A reputation for maturity and sound business judgment
- Ambitious, motivated nature with strong leadership skills
If you are interested please get in touch as they are looking to get you started ASAP!