|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £35 - £45 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Commercial Officer needed for a multinational financial organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Commercial Officer with demonstrated successful procurement, contract, supply chain experience in delivering against requirements, experience of facilitating solutions and has understanding of basic contract terms.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Commercial Officer will include:
- Understanding of Supply Chain best practice.
- Undertaking contract execution on allocated procurements whether subcontract, commodity, or complex material purchases.
- Achieving on time delivery, to meet contractual quantity, quality, and technical requirements using the relevant procurement processes.
- Provide support to ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are specified and adhered to with the contract.
- Supporting the compilation, issuing and managing a range of proposals to include RFQ's, and RFP's through to contract award/amendment, taking the lead role where required.
- Lead and manage a range of procurements from simple to complex including design/drawing control, delivery and warranty.
- Assisting in ensuring successful completion of design, development, delivery, warranty and contract closeout as applicable by providing contractual and commercial support to the SPM in regard to subcontract obligations.
- Support negotiations with suppliers to ensure best-value is achieved
- Maintain stakeholder relationships with key internal and external business contacts to achieve mutual benefit.
- With guidance managing and configuration control of the contract and associated documentation.
- Undertaking all relevant transactional activities in SAP.
- Deputising for the Procurement lead or SPM, as requested.
- Work with Commercial colleagues to ensure mandatory flow down conditions are managed, and to assess risk and opportunities for cost savings and schedule improvements.
What you need to be the successful Commercial Officer:
In order to be the successful Commercial Officer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrated successful procurement, contract, supply chain experience in delivering against requirements.
- Developing procurement, business acumen, financial control and analytical skills.
- Experience of facilitating solutions.
- Team player with evolving leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
- Confident self-starter, capable of innovation and lateral thinking.
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Proactive with a 'can do' attitude with the ability to see the 'big picture.' Understands impacts on a programme/business operationally.
- Understanding of basic contract terms.
- Data literate with strong analytical skills.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Desired skills and experience are as followed:
- Supply chain experience in dealing with multi-functional organisations.
- Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production ramp-up, sustainment and end-of-life.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or degree in Business/Scientific/Technical discipline.
- The ability to present information succinctly at senior internal and external meetings.
- CIPs qualified or working towards.
- Flexibility to work at different levels of sub contract complexity (off the shelf, build to print, MOTs, and design to statement of work)
- Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all candidates moving forward for the Commercial Officer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.