|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £37000 - £41000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Commerical Officer to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The post is accountable to the appropriate Subcontract Programme Manager for the effective management of their contracts to ensure commercial requirements are met and that suitable terms and conditions are applied and maintained.
Working with the SPM to ensure the execution of the subcontract meets the business needs.
For each subcontract managing the subcontract life cycle including but not limited to:
- Initiating and completing the negotiation process in a timely fashion to meet programme requirements in conjunction with the accountable SPL
- Negotiation of the initial subcontract and any subsequent changes
- Configuration control of the subcontract
- Updating the subcontract
- Carrying out subcontract closure
- Ensuring the appropriate terms and conditions are applied at all times
- Ensuring that subcontract commercial requirements are met
- Supporting internal and external reviews on subcontractor performance as required
- Advising the SPM of any subcontracting issues and risks they identify
- Acting as the commercial SME for their subcontracts
- Supporting and advising SMT members on subcontractor matters
- Exceptionally and by specific agreement only providing the services above to a designated SCM
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the supply chain processes
- Experience and proven success as supply chain professional and in managing complex contracts
- Strong commercial and analytical skills
- Experience of establishing and maintaining contractual baselines, developing and implementing terms and conditions and non-disclosure agreements
- Ability to deliver against contractual financial and technical goals
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
- Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
- A self-starter, with the ability to innovate and think laterally
- Team player able to work across functions and disciplines.
- Good communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Supply chain experience in the defence environment
- Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
- Application of Earned Value Management
- Flexibility to work at different levels of sub contract complexity (off the shelf, build to print, design to specification)
- Knowledge of SAP (or similar) ERP systems
Travel will be required for things such as negotiation of contracts with suppliers, could be weekly in worst case scenario but likely to be at least once a month for each supplier.
This role has the possibility of flexible working options including the potential to work a proportion of time from home.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.