|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £48000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Communications Solution Architect
Communications Solutions Architect needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Communications Solutions Architect that takes pride in their work with experience designing and integrating tactical/strategic RF data & voice communications networks into Land-based Command & Control systems, experience of technologies across the spectrum from HF to Microwave and including MANET, Tactical 4G LTE and Satcom products and experience in conducting technical trade studies on communications options.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Communications Solutions Architect will include:
The Communication Solution Architect will have specific and substantial experience in developing and integrating tactical communications solutions. Experience should relate to mission analysis, requirements development, system design, modelling and simulation, integration, verification test, acceptance and certification for both hardware and software aspects of communications systems.
The Communication Solution Architect will be required to support in-service communication system projects, SkyKeeper opportunities and align future SkyKeeper product development with future communications technology innervations.
Specifically, the Communication Solution Architect will:
- Undertake technical trade studies on communications technology options.
- Work with potential communications suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
- Understand the impact of the communications system(s) on overall system behaviour and performance
- Understand the impact of the communications system(s) on different solution architectures.
- Technically review and challenge communications suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Maintain currency on Communications developments and relevant standards
- Understand nuances of communications system limitations and behaviours at system level.
- Understand and develop at sub-system level, requirements and interface definition for any communications interfaces.
- Represent the company at industry and customer events
What experience you need to be the successful Communication Solutions Architect:
- Experience designing and integrating tactical/strategic RF data & voice communications networks into Land-based Command & Control systems.
- Experience of technologies across the spectrum from HF to Microwave and including MANET, Tactical 4G LTE and Satcom products.
- Experience in conducting technical trade studies on communications options.
- Understanding of current military waveforms and standards.
- Understand and Manage Cyber Security aspects of the communications design/solution.
- Understand the impact of the comms system(s) on the overall system behavior and performance.
- Experience of managing sub-system requirements and ICD for a Communications system.
- Experience working with potential Communication System suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their products
- Knowledge of communications systems limitations and behaviors at system level.
- Knowledge of the integration of Integrate Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies and their application in military systems.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Communication Solutions Architect to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Communication Solutions Architect must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.