|Location: Netherlands, Netherlands||Salary: £45000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sean Tierney||Job Published: 6 days ago|
Gold Group seek an experienced Composites Materials Engineer to join a world leading Wind Turbine Blade Design Team. Reporting to the Head of Materials Engineering in this role you will be supporting the business as a whole in the understanding and the development of the usage of all composite materials and processes.
With specific focus on R&D opportunities to drive performance and capabilities, and forensic analysis to ensure reliability. The ideal candidate will need to be able to work with an open and flexible approach whilst achieving outcomes on accuracy and quality.
The job covers all aspects of composite engineering from concept evaluation, supplier evaluation through to production optimisation. Applicants need to have an engineering background and have a expert understanding of composite materials, plus have good communication skills at all levels.
What you will be doing:
* Monitor and understand latest trends in composite materials and processing to determine potential performance or development opportunities.
* Work closely with composite material suppliers to drive developments, and harness opportunities from the products they have available
* Support the Design Department and other engineering functions with composite materials and process selection, to meet their requirements.
* Maintain Composite Materials Test and Analysis capabilities. Develop testing capabilities where required and review the methods being used.
* Collate and publish data using statistical analysis methods, to support the mechanical and structural engineers.
* Characterise failures on components to discover causes and recommend revisions to prevent re-occurrence.
* Report writing to document findings and report back to the relevant parties.
* Devise and support the development of process specifications for composite manufacturing and adhesive bonding, and other processes within the business relating to composite materials quality.
* Provide liaison between Design Engineers, production, and manufacturing sub-contractors to optimise component production, and composite manufacturing processes.
* Devise, perform, and report on test programs related to composite materials performance as requested.
* Coordinate R&D projects relating to composite materials technologies
Interviews are being held immediatly so if this opportunity sounds interesting we suggest you apply immediatly to not miss out!