|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
Configuration Control Support Engineer
Currently looking for a Configuration Control Support Engineer, world leading defence, security and aerospace organisation based in Portsmouth.
The Configuration Control Support Engineer will be responsible for working with a wide range of stakeholders across the P&TS business and on occasion external customers and suppliers. This Configuration Control Support Engineer role will provide you with opportunity to support SAP upgrades and write associated processes.
Salary and benefits to be discussed upon application. All applicants must be eligible for security clearance.
Key responsibilities of the Configuration Control Support Engineer include:
* Provision of technical support in the use of Configuration Management application tools and processes
* Provide support to the SAP System Administrator
* Support users using the SAP Product Data Management system
* Undertake SAP processing on behalf of the Configuration department
* Construct, maintain and implement change management policies, processes and procedures
* Control and maintain configuration status accounting data to meet business requirements
* Communicate with and Provide Customer Master Record Index (MRI) baseline reports
* Provide internal status project reports
* Identify, document and control Technical data packs structure
* Co-ordinate and provide secretarial duties in support of change management committee meetings. E.g. Configuration Control Boards (CCB)
Essential Skills for the Configuration Control Support Engineer include:
* The successful candidate will be logical, rational and able to identify issues, providing cost / time effective solutions when given a set of potentially conflicting data and stakeholder requirements.
* You will have a solid working knowledge of SAP and come from a design background.
* You will understand change control and be able to provide support to the SAP Administrator
* Strong attention to detail
* Accuracy of work
* Ability to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
* Good communication skills and team working capabilities are essential.
* Knowledge of BMS, LCM is an advantage.