|Location: Cumbria, England||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Consultant Engineer (Product Security & Software)
Consultant Engineer - Product Security
Would you like to work within our client's Information Assurance Product Security Team? We currently have a vacancy for a Consultant Engineer - Product Security and Software at our client's site in Cumbria.
As a Consultant Engineer - Product Security you will have the opportunity to join an area that continues to grow in strategic importance in order to meet the demands of design, development and supply of leading complex systems into the Submarines Business.
As part of this role you will be leading on matters of Product Information Assurance and Physical Security for both internal and external stakeholders, establishing yourself as a champion of Product security, advocating its importance, relevance and application.
Your main responsibilities as a Consultant Engineer - Product Security and Software will involve:
- Taking ownership of the product Security requirements within a specified area, whilst providing general consultancy to the wider internal engineering function where appropriate on any Information Assurance activity
- Taking responsibility for the IA accreditation of a range of Systems through the timely development and delivery of relevant accreditation documentation
- Supporting Suppliers through the process of IA accreditation
- Presenting residual risk to customer for acceptance
- Representing Information Assurance at security working groups
- Carrying out risk assessments and deriving appropriate countermeasures
- Supporting Information Assurance technical testing activities
- Representing the Product Security discipline in design reviews
- Day to day management of the Product Security team activities
Your skills and qualifications as a Consultant Engineer - Product Security and Software:
- Established IA Practitioner with experience in HMG IA Standards 1 & 2, Risk Management and Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS), and IA Accreditation in accordance with JSP 440
- Demonstrable experience leading on a range of IA activities through the product life cycle
- Experience of working in a technical engineering/systems environment
- Degree in an Engineering, IT or Computer Sciences related subject or equivalent experience
- Degree/MSc in Information Security or equivalent
- Accredited practitioner to a professional body such as CESG Certified Professional
- Experience in IA technical testing
- Understanding of how IA applies to physical/military products
What we're looking for in you:
Good communications skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels. Ability to work as part of a team and automatously
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Consultant Engineer to progress within their career, make sure to apply!
Please note that all applicants must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level