|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £50000 - £56000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Contracts Manager to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The post is accountable to the appropriate Supply Chain Programme Lead (SPL) or Programme Manager for ensuring that subcontracts meet programme and contractual requirements.
Specific responsibilities may extend across the product life cycle from bid to in service support and include:
- Acting as the representative both Internally and Externally for their Subcontracts
- Managing supplier performance to meet Technical, Schedule, Quality and Cost requirements
- Managing risks, opportunities and business dependencies and deliverables
- Managing the subcontract life cycle including but not limited to
- Initiating and completing the negotiation process in a timely fashion to meet programme requirements in conjunction with the accountable SPL
- Negotiation of the initial subcontract and any subsequent changes
- Configuration control of the subcontract
- Updating the subcontract
- Carrying out subcontract closure
- Ensuring the appropriate terms and conditions are applied at all times
- Ensuring that contract requirements are met in full and ensuring risks impacts are mitigated
- Ensuring that the sub contract schedule and milestones are reflected by, and integrated with, the overall programme schedule
- Completing internal and external reviews (deep dives) on sub-contractor performance as required
- Advising the Supply Chain Programme Lead /Programme Manager of any issues and risks and acting as the
- SME for their subcontracts
- Performance reporting to Programme and Business Metrics as part of the Business Rhythm
- Achieving programme and business financial targets
- Communicating with and escalating issues as necessary
- Managing any supplier improvement programme working with the Supply Chain Excellence Manager
- Demonstrable success as supply chain professional delivering against requirements for complex subcontracts (build to print - system design to specification)
- Experience in working in multi-functional organisations and a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals.
- Strong procurement/commercial, business acumen, financial control and analytical skills.
- Capable of identifying and mitigating risks and effective issue resolution.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Supply chain experience in the defence environment
- Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
- Application of Earned Value Management
- Knowledge of SAP (or similar) ERP systems
There will be reasonable travel involved with this role as it will require direct interaction with several suppliers some in different parts of the world typically 2-3 trips per month.
Sits within a department of 45 leading a supplier management team with representatives from engineering and quality of up to 3-4 other people.
Managing 2-3 suppliers delivering multiple, complex, bespoke requirements into multiple projects at multiple phases of the programme.
This role has the possibility of flexible working options including the potential to work a proportion of time from home.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.