|Location: Swindon||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Andriana Panayi|
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Hours: 45 Hours per Week
Summary of a Contracts Manager:
We have an excellent opportunity for a Contracts Manager to start in Swindon to contribute the profitability of the Ground Works division through the provision of a professional contracts management service.
Key Duties of the Contracts Manager:
* To contribute to the success of the business through the implementation of Ground works in a professional and efficient manner ensuring the highest level of health, safety and quality.
* To further develop the Ground works business throughout other contracts.
Planning and programming of works, including pre-contract site visits to determine project requirements.
* To manage the relevant ground works team, motivating them, dealing with any performance issues and promoting the continual professional development of all key members of staff.
* To ensure portfolios and other documentation are maintained to the required standard to retain accreditation to the relevant industrial bodies.
* To review and update Health and Safety plans, method statements, risk assessments, SWMP and environmental plans, ensuring that all new sites or new work orders have the appropriate documentation in place.
* To ensure tool box talks, safety alerts, daily briefings, safety tours and near miss reporting are completed as per company requirements.
* To ensure that all site works are executed in a time and cost-efficient manner whilst ensuring regular liaison with clients, general public, authorities and sub-contractors / suppliers; to include ensuring that the correct licences/ permits are in place and valid for the works being undertaken.
* To ensure that plant and materials are ordered to support the works programme as well as ensuring all plant is fit for purpose and maintained to required standards.
* To monitor and maintain records of plant, labour and materials and to assist in monthly internal commercial reporting and external contract performance reporting.
* To assist in the business development of the ground works capability of the client
* To undertake other duties and ad hoc projects as required by the business.
* To act in accordance with company policies and procedures, particularly with reference to our Equality and Diversity policies, procedures and practices.
* To behave in a manner that supports the company's stated Vision and Values and ensure other team members do like-wise.
* To act in accordance with the company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and practices.
Essential Skills of a Contracts Manager:
* Prior experience of contract management / supervision
* Previous experience of working in the ground works industry (7 years+)
* Previous role(s) in a commercially focussed organisation
* Computer literate
* Technically competent in industry disciplines
* SSSTS / SMSTS/CSCS
* NRSWA Units 1 to 16
If you are interested, please get in touch as they will look to get you started as soon as possible.