|Location: Penrith, Cumbria||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Contracts Manager - Surfacing
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 50.00 hrs
Shift Description: Day/Night shifts as job requires
Company Vehicle: car
Working at this leading contractor within the highways industry is about being part of something big - with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, there are opportunities for all.
The company has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, making it a hugely successful business.
Description of Team / Department
Contracts Manager working within Road Maintenance division covering North England based in Penrith
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the Contracts Manager role
- Responsible for ensuring the adequate day to day management of the carriageway resurfacing contracts associated with civils activities.
- The role will involve overseeing the management of key supply chain partners and working closely with the client to sagely deliver a defect free scheme on time and to budget
- Day to day management of resurfacing contracts and working closely with clients
- Overseeing the management of Health & Safety of the client's Employees and supply chain
- Liaise closely with the client and forge relationship that can lead to repeat work and allow the client to become the preferred supplier
Skills / Experience for the Contracts Manager
- Experience in managing Site Managers - within sector
- Holding a CSCS Site Supervisors card (preferably black)
- Drivers License
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Pension with generous contributions from the client.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work and voluntary Life assurance.
If this is for you, please get in touch ASAP as they will look to get you started as soon as!