|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40 - £50 per annum|
|Type: Contract||Contact: James Giblin|
Contracts Manager needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Contracts Manager with an in-depth experience of carrying out negotiations and supporting the supply chain managers.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Contracts Manager will include:
- Manage, provide guidance on and administer multiple, complex acquisitions and relationships with minimum management assistance:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the different types of commercial/contract models and how to use them
- Independently defines risks; create and implement solutions to problems and issues as they arise
- Independently identify, define and implement contract revisions and improvements in accordance with normal procedures
- Liaison with internal organisations, customers and suppliers in support of above and provide guidance and advice relevant to assigned agreements
- Organise and maintain contract files
- Ensure timeliness of all contract actions including DCAs, contract summaries and contract close out in a timely manner.
- Keep leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers.
- Carry out negotiations in support of the below:
- Negotiations completed in a reasonable time with minimal management/team lead dependency
- Required to be influential in negotiation plan including preparation, strategy, appointment of roles and the approval process and is able to maintain effective control
- Is recognised as a Lead for fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions on non-standard agreements
- Resolves difficult problem areas and shows a risk avoidance approach to doing so
- Supports the Supply Chain Manager in source selection requiring innovative approaches
- Is the main interface between the customer, and the internal Supply Chain organisation for issues pertaining to the Head Contract, e.g. Change in Suppliers, changes to mandatory flow downs in Sub-contracts and export control issues.
- Support the Supply Chain organisation with contractual issues which affect the Head Contract and where appropriate assist in determining appropriate mitigation strategy to resolve the issue.
- Provide advice and counsel to programme staff including presentations to management
- Single point of focus for analytical, planning, negotiation skills and knowledge for assigned programmes
- The post holder works with minimal supervision against established procedures.
- Reports to either Leads, Team Leads or Manager as required
What you need to be the successful Contracts Manager:
In order to be the successful Contracts Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!