|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire, E. of England, England||Salary: £47000 - £57000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Contracts Manager to join them at their Bedforshire site. My client consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm Fri day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
Specific Job Description
Manage, provide guidance on and administer multiple, complex acquisitions and relationships with minimum management assistance:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the different types of commercial/contract models and how to use them
- Independently defines risks; create and implement solutions to problems and issues as they arise
- Independently identify, define and implement contract revisions and improvements in accordance with normal procedures
- Liaison with internal organisations, customers and suppliers in support of above and provide guidance and advice relevant to assigned agreements
- Organise and maintain contract files
- Ensure timeliness of all contract actions
- Keep leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers
Carry out negotiations in support of the below:
- Negotiations completed in a reasonable time with minimal management/team lead dependency
- Required to be influential in negotiation plan including preparation, strategy, appointment of roles and the approval process and is able to maintain effective control
- Is recognised as a Lead for fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions on non-standard agreements
- Resolves difficult problem areas and shows a risk avoidance approach to doing so
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Proven ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of negotiating contract amendments in a collaborative manner
- Strong customer relationship management experience
- Independent and self starter but a good team player
- Good experience with MS office Packages particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent formal written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, confidence to present to customers
- Business Management or Law degree would be desirable
- IACCM practitioner desirable
- Prior defence or public sector contract negotiation/management experience would be desirable
Predominantly negotiating changes and amendments with customers. Reporting both quantitative and qualitative on the commercial health of the contract and current status of contracts and contractual issues. Sometimes have to deal with quite challenging short notice deadlines so must be able to prioritse and management workload well.
Will also have some dealing internally with procurement on procurement contracts but mostly dealing with the customer side of contracts.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.