|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40 - £50 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Contracts Manager needed for a multinational Defence and Aerospace organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Contracts Manager with strong negotiation skills and experience of negotiating contract amendment, good experience with MS office Packages particularly Excel and PowerPoint, and a proven ability to work to challenging deadlines.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Contracts Manager will include:
Manage, provide guidance on and administer multiple, complex acquisitions and relationships with minimum management assistance:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the different types of commercial/contract models and how to use them
- Independently defines risks; create and implement solutions to problems and issues as they arise
- Independently identify, define and implement contract revisions and improvements in accordance with normal procedures
- Liaison with internal organisations, customers and suppliers in support of above and provide guidance and advice relevant to assigned agreements
- Organise and maintain contract files
- Ensure timeliness of all contract actions including DCAs, contract summaries and contract close out in a timely manner.
- Keep leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers.
Carry out negotiations in support of the below:
- Negotiations completed in a reasonable time with minimal management/team lead dependency
- Required to be influential in negotiation plan including preparation, strategy, appointment of roles and the approval process and is able to maintain effective control
- Is recognised as a Lead for fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions on non-standard agreements
- Resolves difficult problem areas and shows a risk avoidance approach to doing so
Supports the Supply Chain Manager in source selection requiring innovative approaches:
- Is the main interface between the customer, and the internal Supply Chain organisation for issues pertaining to the Head Contract, e.g. Change in Suppliers, changes to mandatory flow downs in Sub-contracts and export control issues.
- Support the Supply Chain organisation with contractual issues which affect the Head Contract and where appropriate assist in determining appropriate mitigation strategy to resolve the issues
- Provide advice and counsel to programme staff including presentations to management
- Single point of focus for analytical, planning, negotiation skills and knowledge for assigned programmes
- The post holder works with minimal supervision against established procedures.
- Reports to either Leads, Team Leads or Manager as required
- Prepares and/or assists in preparation of correspondence, presentations, reports and/or contract summaries and briefs Ampthill Management on related issues and in so doing is able to demonstrate effective leadership and problem solving.
- Shall be cognisant of all relevant company processes
What you need to be the successful Contracts Manager:
In order to be the successful Contracts Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Proven ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of negotiating contract amendment
- Strong customer relationship management experience
- Independent and self-starter but a good team player.
- Good experience with MS office Packages particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good formal written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills, confidence to present to customers.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Desirable skills and experience are as follows:
- Business Management or Law degree would be desirable.
- Prior defence or public sector contract negotiation/management experience would be desirable.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note all applicants moving forward for the Contracts Manager position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.