|Location: Southampton, Hampshire||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlotte Bray|
I am recruiting for a Contract Manager on behalf of a small construction company who specialise in residential and commercial extensions, conversions, refurb and new build properties. They are looking to employ someone with a very good understanding of costing materials and organising quotes as well as dealing with trades.
The role is split between on site and office based. You will spend 60-70% of your time in the office dealing with the commercial aspect with onsite Supervisors reporting into you.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Site Manager will include:
- Ensure that all staff, sub-contractors and visitors to the site are appropriately inducted.
- Cashflow forecasting, measurement of pricing of contract variations
- Final accounting and claims management
- Ensure that Company Health & Safety Policies and procedures are strictly adhered to and work closely with Health & Safety Managers
- Ensure that anything which is likely to affect the Company's performance is notified to the Construction Manager and Construction Director or Regional Construction Manager immediately.
- Able to review and understand a Cost Plan, and comment on, or contribute, to the primary aspects. Aware of the information required for individual cost reporting forms and can prepare and submit cost data internally and externally.
- Ensure accurate production/progress returns are updated and sent to the Construction Manager and Construction Director or Regional Construction Manager in accordance with Company Policy.
- Attend and minute a weekly Sales/Construction Meeting with your Sales Adviser to keep each other appraised from both a sales and site point of view.
What you need to be the successful Contracts Manager:
In order to be the successful Contracts Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience working on residential or commercial projects
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a number 1
- Must have experience with the commercial costings and pricing of a project
- Experience working on a project from start to finish including customer care
- Valid CSCS Card at Management level, SMSTS and First Aid at Work
- Ideally but not essential NVQ Level 3-4 in Building Construction or a relevant qualification
The successful Contracts Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity to grow with the business but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Company vehicle
- Pension Plan
- 28 days holiday
- Future ability to have company shares
- Career Progression
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.