|Location: South West London, London||Salary: Up to £46000 per annum + Company Car|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Department: Street Lighting
Location: West/Central London
Hours:Core hours 07:00 to 17:00 but hours required to fulfil the role
Salary: £46,000 + Car or Car allowance of £5,400 + 10% bonus per anum
Key Purpose for the Contracts Manager:
To contribute to the profitability of the street lighting division through the provision of a professional contracts management service.
Key Duties of the Contracts Manager:
- To contribute to the success of the business through the implementation of street lighting/ electrical works in a professional and efficient manner ensuring the highest level of health, safety and quality.
- To further develop the street lighting business throughout other contracts.
- Planning and programming of works, including pre-contract site visits to determine project requirements.
- To manage the relevant street lighting contracts team, motivating them, dealing with any performance issues and promoting the continual professional development of all key members of staff.
- To ensure portfolios and other documentation are maintained to the required standard to retain accreditation to the relevant industrial bodies.
- To review and update Health and Safety plans, method statements, risk assessments, SWMP and environmental plans, ensuring that all new sites or new work orders have the appropriate documentation in place.
- To ensure tool box talks, safety alerts, daily briefings, safety tours and near miss reporting are completed as per company requirements.
- To ensure that all site works are executed in a time and cost-efficient manner whilst ensuring regular liaison with clients, general public, authorities and sub-contractors / suppliers; to include ensuring that the correct licences/ permits are in place and valid for the works being undertaken.
- To ensure that plant and materials are ordered to support the works programme as well as ensuring all plant is fit for purpose and maintained to required standards.
- To monitor and maintain records of plant, labour and materials and to assist in monthly internal commercial reporting and external contract performance reporting.
- To assist in the business development of the Street lighting capability of the client
- To undertake other duties and ad hoc projects as required by the business.
- To act in accordance with company policies and procedures, particularly with reference to our Equality and Diversity policies, procedures and practices.
- To behave in a manner that supports the company's stated Vision and Values and ensure other team members do like-wise.
- To act in accordance with the company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and practices.
Essential Skills of a Contracts Manager:
- Prior experience of contract management / supervision
- Previous experience of working in the street lighting and public sectors
- Previous role(s) in a commercially focussed organisation
- Computer literate
- Technically competent in industry disciplines
- G39 certification
- ASLEC Qualified Supervisor
- ASLEC Authorised Officer
- NRSWA Units 1 to 16
If you are interested please get in touch as they are looking to get you started straight away.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.