|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Contracts Manager required to join a globally established defence / engineering company in the Havant area. This company has recently won some large projects within the Maritime industry so ideally the Contracts Manager will come from a Navy / defence related background (not essential).
Responsibilities for the Contracts Manager:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the different types of commercial/contract models and how to use them
- Ensures Terms and Conditions compliance including flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers
- Independently define all risks and create and implement solutions to problems and issues as they arise
- Independently identify, define and implement contract revisions and improvements in accordance with normal procedures
- Liaison with internal organisations, customers and suppliers in support of above and provide guidance and advise relevant to assigned agreements
- Organise and maintain contract files
- Ensure timeliness of all contract actions including DCAs, contract summaries and contract close out in a timely manner.
- Keep leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution
- Responsible for ensuring flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers.
Requirements (Skill set) for the Contracts Manager include:
- Experience of reviewing contracts and a good understanding of contract clauses.
- Familiarisation of MoD DEFCONs
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to be able to offer innovative solutions\resolve disputes.
- MCIPS qualified
The Contracts Manager will need to be eligible for SC clearance (Security clearance)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.