|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Contracts Negotiator to join them Havant site. The team are currently engaged in competitive dialogue with the MoD for the opportunity to deliver a consolidated training requirement to the Royal Navy. As part of the commercial bid team the successful applicant will be managing the commercial interface with the supply chain.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm Fri day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
Specific Job Description
Sub-contracts are typically of a high value with critical schedules involving levels of complexity. The post holder is authorised to negotiate and make binding decisions on behalf of the company, subject to appropriate approvals, and serves as a primary commercial interface with suppliers and internal organisations on assigned programmes. The post holder will also be required to assist the Commercial Manager in developing and delivering on the Commercial Open Business Model strategy together with developing, compiling, reviewing and releasing RFQs into the supply chain in accordance with the process and governance.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Administer complex acquisitions and requisitions:
- Have a good knowledge of the different types of commercial/contract models and how to use them and a thorough commercial knowledge and understanding of assigned programmes
- Ensures Terms and Conditions are being adhered to including flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers
- Liaison with internal organisations, customers and suppliers in support of above and provide guidance and advise relevant to assigned agreements
- Organise and maintain contract files
- Ensure timeliness of all contract actions including pre-release document sign off, contract summaries and contract close out in a complete and timely manner.
- Keep capture leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution
- Independently define risks and provide solutions for contract issues and changes.
- Undertake source selection requiring innovative approaches:
- Is main interface between supplier and internal organisation
- Issue and analyse RFQs/ITTs including multi criteria
- Evaluates multiple contract packages
- Supplier identification and due diligence
- Vetting of responses
- Make recommendations to lead, team lead or manager (as appropriate) in regards to the outcome of the selection process, including identification of any risks or alternatives associated with the selection.
- Carry out negotiations in support of the above:
- Leads fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity, with support
- Co-ordinates and prepares negotiation plan including approval process
- Negotiations completed in a reasonable time
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions on non standard agreements.
- Provide assistance to senior contract administrators and managers as directed in support of the management of complex contracts.
- Possess and demonstrate analytical, planning, negotiation skills and knowledge.
- The post holder works under general supervision against established procedures.
- Reports to either Team Lead for day to day supervision.:
- Prepares and/or assists in preparation of correspondence, presentations, reports and/or contract summaries and briefs facility management on related issues.
- Shall be cognisant of all relevant processes.
- Provides advice and counsel to peers and leads on related subjects.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Typical minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Good working knowledge and drafting experience of terms and conditions
- MOD contracting experience preferred
- Experience of managing and developing relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Collaborative approach to internal and external stakeholder relationships
- SC clearance or ability to gain clearance.
- Ability to be agile and multi task in a fast pace environment.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.