|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Contracts Negotiator needed for a leading Defence company based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Contracts Negotiator with an in-depth knowledge of negotiation skills and experience of negotiating contract, strong customer relationship management experience and someone who is influential in negotiation plan including preparation, strategy, appointment of roles and the approval process and is able to maintain effective control.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Contracts Negotiator will include:
Manage, provide guidance on and administer multiple, complex acquisitions and relationships with minimum management assistance:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the different types of commercial/contract models and how to use them
- Independently defines risks; create and implement solutions to problems and issues as they arise
- Independently identify, define and implement contract revisions and improvements in accordance with normal procedures
- Liaison with internal organisations, customers and suppliers in support of above and provide guidance and advice relevant to assigned agreements
- Organise and maintain contract files
- Ensure timeliness of all contract actions
- Keep leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers.
Carry out negotiations in support of the below:
- Negotiations completed in a reasonable time with minimal management/team lead dependency
- Required to be influential in negotiation plan including preparation, strategy, appointment of roles and the approval process and is able to maintain effective control
- Is recognised as a Lead for fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions on non-standard agreements
Supports the Supply Chain Manager in source selection requiring innovative approaches
- Is the main interface between the customer, and the internal Supply Chain organisation for issues pertaining to the Head Contract, e.g. Change in Suppliers, changes to mandatory flow downs in Sub-contracts and export control issues.
- Support the Supply Chain organisation with contractual issues which affect the Head Contract and where appropriate assist in determining appropriate mitigation strategy to resolve the issue
What you need to be the successful Contracts Negotiator:
In order to be the successful Contracts Negotiator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Proven ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of negotiating contract amendments in a collaborative manner
- Strong customer relationship management experience
- Independent and self-starter but a good team player.
- Good experience with MS office Packages particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent formal written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills, confidence to present to customers.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Business Management or Law degree would be desirable.
- IACCM practitioner desirable
- Prior defence or public sector contract negotiation/management experience would be desirable.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Negotiator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Contracts Negotiator, you need to be eligible for SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.