|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £20000 - £30000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Contracts Negotiator required to join a globally established defence / engineering company in the Whiteley (Hampshire) area that specialises in IT Services / Payroll / ESH / HR and Finance functions for the UK wide business.
Reasons you would be interested in the Contracts Negotiator role:
- Chance to work for a highly reputable defence company
- Competitive salary
- Competitive benefits package
- 9 day working fortnight
*This position is a Fixed Term Contract - Maternity cover*
The Contracts Negotiator reports to the Procurement & Contracts Manager, this individual will be authorised to negotiate and make binding decisions on behalf of the company, subject to appropriate approvals and serves as a primary interface with internal customers and external suppliers. The Contracts Negotiator will be developing and implementing commercial strategies in conjunction with the various stakeholder teams to satisfy programme objectives; assist in negotiating non-standard terms and agreements as required to meet set objectives.
Other responsibilities of the Contracts Negotiator include:
- Participate and lead as appropriate planning and approval process for negotiation
- Prepare and complete negotiations within approved limits and in a timely manner
- Participate and lead as appropriate fact finding, negotiation and follow up activity
- Negotiate non standard agreements with support as appropriate
- Provide support and assistance to lead as appropriate
- Will assume additional responsibility as directed
Required skillset for the Contracts Negotiator
- Experienced in working with procurement policies and procedures
- Flexible approach and self-motivated in achieving personal targets/objectives, with the ability to perform with professionalism at all times
- Ability to plan, prioritise and schedule work to achieve multiple, often conflicting, deadlines
- Develop strong positive relationships
- Proven communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Ability to take ownership of procurement initiatives
- Category Management Skills
- International Contracts/Procurement Experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Committed to personal excellence, ethical behaviour and integrity
- Ability and willingness to travel to different UK locations as required
- Eligible for SC (Security Clearance) clearance is a must!!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.