|Location: Reading, Berkshire||Salary: £28000 - £30000 per annum + Variable Bonus|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Contracts Officer needed for a multinational Aerospace organisation based in Reading who are looking to employ an experienced Contracts Officer with an in-depth knowledge of Contract Draft and negotiation within the Defence or Aerospace industries.
The successful Contracts Officer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £28,000 - 32,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays
* Variable annual bonus
* Contributory Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Free Flu Jab
* Cycle scheme
* Life assurance
What the role entails: The Contracts Officer reports directly to the Senior Manager, Contracts and works closely with other members of the Commercial Department function, LCVS, Engineering and Finance to prepare proposals, negotiate and manage contracts and manage business relationships.
Some of the main duties of the Contracts Officer will include:
* Reviews incoming customer requests for proposals, identifies proposal requirements, reviews terms and conditions for acceptability and compliance with company policies and procedures, assists in proposal development as required and participates in securing required management approval for submittal of proposals to customers and execute resulting contracts.
* Participates in proposal reviews and approvals. Briefs management on Terms and Conditions.
* Under the direct supervision/guidance of the appropriate Contracts Manager, review contractual terms and conditions for their acceptability, as well as, assessing risk and impact to the proposal utilizing the Company resources including legal, operations, and pricing, as necessary. Provide alternate terms and conditions to Customer.
* Operates in accordance with company policies and practices, and in compliance with accepted business ethics.
* In concert with Life Cycle Value Stream Manager (LCVSM) participates in contract negotiation, execution and day to day management of contracts within Europe and the Middle East both face to face and remotely.
* Analyses contracts to ensure compliance to company policy, EU and Government regulations and other requirements.
* Provides contract status reports and assistance to the LCVSM, functional areas, and management.
* Takes proper action to close out the contract in accordance with applicable procedures and regulations at the conclusion of all contract activity.
* Assures the timely communication of contract information to appropriate persons and maintains complete and accurate contract files.
* Acts as principal interface with internal/external customers on contractual matters for assigned bids and contracts. Takes necessary action or coordinates action to resolve any contractual problems on a timely basis.
* Under supervision of the Senior Manager, Contracts prepare standard legal documents including Non-Disclosure Agreements and manage process through to execution. As directed by and under the supervision of the Senior Contracts Manager undertake drafting of non-standard legal documents and review of third party Non-Disclosure Agreements and other non-standard agreements and co-ordinate review of the output with other Contracts staff and manage process through to execution.
Work is performed generally under overall direction of the Senior Manager, Contracts.
What you need to be the successful Contracts Officer:
* BA/BSc/LLB and an acceptable level of experience in an appropriate discipline or, in the absence of a BSc/BA, can demonstrate a similar level of competence, skills and experience. - Must
* Knowledge and experience of using SAP - Desirable
* The ability to communicate effectively with management, peers, subordinates, customers and suppliers - Must
* Knowledge of the principles of Contracts - Must
* Knowledge and experience of working with differing business cultures particularly within Europe and the Middle East - Desirable
* Ability to travel and undertake activity in accordance with the role within Europe and the Middle East - Must
* Numerate and PC literate. Microsoft Word ™ and Excel ™ proficient - Must
* Customer focussed including understanding of customer requirements and customer care. Confident to deal at all management levels - Must
* Ability to work effectively while under pressure and to achieve tight time scales - Must
* Ability to gain SC level of security clearance within six months of start - Must
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.