|Location: Fareham, Hampshire||Salary: £12 - £15 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Contracts / Commercial Administrator
Initially a 9 month contract with possible extension.
This person must be eligiable for security clearance (british passport only)
Contracts / Commercial Administrator needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a globally recognised defence company based in Hampshire. They have various sites spread throughout the UK, this site in particular specialises in IT Services for the military and commercial customers.
Purpose of the Contracts / Commercial Administrator:
The Contracts / Commercial Administrator is responsible for conducting and supporting procurement activities related to the acquisition of general goods and services to meet programme schedule, quality and cost objectives.
This is an ideal position for somebody who has just started their CIPS qualification or just done their Law Degree (LLB)
Some of the main duties the Contracts / Commercial Administrator will include:
- Negotiates, administers, extends, terminates and renegotiates standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Evaluates contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Maintains communications to ensure timely contract execution by the parties.
- Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations. May plan and participate in training of contract practices and negotiations to company personnel.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. Will prepare request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
- Participate and lead as appropriate planning and approval process for negotiation
- Prepare and complete negotiations within approved limits and in a timely manner
- Participate and lead as appropriate fact finding, negotiation and follow up activity
- Negotiate non-standard agreements with support as appropriate
- Provide support and assistance to lead as appropriate
What you need to be the successful Contracts / Commercial Administrator:
- Experienced in working with procurement policies and procedures
- Flexible approach and self-motivated in achieving personal targets/objectives, with the ability to perform with professionalism at all times
- Ability to plan, prioritise and schedule work to achieve multiple, often conflicting, deadlines
- Develop strong positive relationships
- Proven communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Ability to take ownership of procurement initiatives
- Category Management Skills
- International Contracts/Procurement Experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Committed to personal excellence, ethical behaviour and integrity
Ideally, my client are looking for someone from an Engineering background or someone who has a keen interest in working for an engineering / defence / aerospace company.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Administrator / Commercial Administrator to progress their career within the engineering industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.