|Location: Brighton, East Sussex||Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Contracts / Commercial Officer
Contracts / Commercial Officer needed for a defence company based in Brighton who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Contracts / Commercial Officer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of commercial administration.
The Contracts / Commercial Officer is responsible for the daily administration requirements of the contract department, and supporting the company in contract actions and administration.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Contracts / Commercial Officer will include:
- Commercial Administration including dealing with enquiries, quotations, customer orders, dispatch and invoicing documentation.
- Liaison with other departments and customers to process enquiries or orders ensuring that all outstanding issues are resolved.
- Preparation and submission of commercial proposals and quotations including payment arrangements and commercial response and obtaining internal approvals as appropriate in accordance with company and corporate procedures
- Providing department support in export control, including:
- Drafting and submit export license applications in accordance with both UK and US regulations.
- Preparation of and issuing of import and export Customs declaration of freight agents in accordance with the import and export approvals to ensure compliance with customs duty & VAT control requirements and UK and US licensing requirements.
- Preparation of export documentation for freight deliveries and hand carry of equipment outside the UK.
- Input of import and export shipment details into registers ensuring that record keeping requirements are met.
- Maintain company registers for quotations, orders and export control.
- Interface with Engineering, Program Management, Operations, Purchasing Subcontracts, and shipping personnel to obtain order status and delivery data.
What experience you need to be the successful Contracts / Commercial Officer:
- Experience in a sales environment or Business Administration or related field.
- Must have experience in or supported negotiating, drafting, and administering contracts,
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills necessary for working in a team environment.
- IT proficient - Proficient in MS Word, Power Point, Excel
- Experience of Microsoft suite of office programmes
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload appropriately.
- Methodical approach to their work.
- Have at 3-5 years' experience in negotiating, drafting, and administering UK domestic and international commercial and military contracts.
- Previous experience of the Defence industry, standards and general operating principles would be of benefit
- Knowledge of export and shipping procedures, especially INCOTERMS
Must be eligible for SC Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts / Commercial Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.