|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Control Systems & Functional Safety Engineer
Locations: Bristol, Derby, Birminham, Nottingham, Glasgow or Warrington commutable
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 Plus Bonus + Pension, Bupa, 25 days Hol, Gym, Childcare Vouchers....
Industry: Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Electrical, Nuclear, Oil & Gas and Power Gen.
Our market leading consultancy client is currently in a period of significant growth. This is particularly significant in the electrical, electronics, control and instrumentation areas of the business.
To enable the growth required to meet client demands they now need control system and Functional Safety Engineers at senior levels to lead projects and ensure successful delivery to the end clients.
The work spans the complete engineering lifecycle from requirements, architecture, design, assurance and commissioning.
Experience of design and assurance of safety critical systems in a regulated sector is desirable.
Candidates should demonstrate transferable skills and an interest in a consultancy style of working.
Working within teams and leading projects, typical activities include safety requirements management, control system architecture, selection of equipment and instrumentation, safety case authoring and independent technical review.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical and project background; which would include some of the following:
- Electronic and/or control system design and specification
- Electronic and/or control system safety assessment & justification
- Electronic and/or control system compliance substantiation and assurance
- Safety case and Design Substantiation in a regulated industry
- Working with IEC 61508 or equivalent standards
- Availability, Reliability and Maintainability of control and electrical systems
- ATEX / DSEAR assessment methodology and application
- Systems integration of hardware and software
- Industrial control systems and their security
- Control systems for mechanical handling and cranes
- Interpretation of clients' technical needs
- Identification of hazards, requirements, standards and constraints
- Regulated industry standards methodologies and application
- Technical leadership on projects
- Site supervision of projects
- Preparation of proposals
- Assistance in local marketing initiatives
- Project management
- Design studies
- System architecture design
- Instrument selection
- Safety system reliability assessment
- Document review
61508 - Standard for Safety Systems
Control System design
Alarm system design