|Location: Amsterdam, North Holland||Salary: €350 - €400 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Gautam Raval|
CPE / WiFi / Modem Test Engineer
My international client is recruiting for a CPE / WiFi / Modem Test Engineer with good experience of DOCSIS for a 6 month contract based in Amsterdam.
As a CPE / WiFi / Modem Test Engineer you will be part of the CPE Validation team and you will certify and test CMTS's that support DOCSIS 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 architecture which enables cable modems to provide extremely high bandwidths and tiers of up to 1 Gbps
CPE / WiFi / Modem Test Engineer Responsibilities:
- Checking and validating the CMTS configuration to match and mimic the production environment and pick the top 10 to 15 modems in the field for validation purposes.
- Upgrading and downgrading firmware via SNMP commands specific to the modem and back-end provisioning system, running SNMP port scans for cyber security testing requirements.
- Triaging bugs and validating against new vendor and internal software and hardware updates.
CPE / WiFi / Modem Test Engineer Essential Skills:
- Must have experience in DOCSIS 3.0, 3.1, CMTS, Network testing, IXIA, packet capture, L2, L3 etc. Experience in Network Testing Strong Knowledge in DOCSIS This person needs to be familiar with key components of cable networking.
- CMTS from several vendors.
- Knowledge in Device Provisioning.
- Knowledge in eRouter and Wi-Fi skills.
- Be familiar with key technologies with DOCSIS 2.0 & 3.0, 3.1 as well as DSG.
- Be able to validate test plans, execute test cases, record and report the results.
- Troubleshoot key infrastructure components.
CPE / WiFi / Modem Test Engineer Personal Skills:
- Strong troubleshooting and proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and professional presentation skills.
- Self-starter and proven ability to work effectively in virtual teams.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external partners and with client groups in a team setting, taking ownership of their objectives to achieve business results.
- Dutch speaking is a plus
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.